- Projection of volume information onto an arbitrary orientation plane
- For each projection ray the density, opacity, and refraction of the penetrated volume is evaluated and the resulting intensity/color is recorded
- Independent control of color, opacity and shading of up to 4 tissue classes
- Predefined VRT settings can be selected via an image gallery
- 3D VRT can be supported by the optional Volume Pro graphics accelerator, providing image quality and performance enhancements
As MPR, MIP, SSD or VRT are different visualization filters of the same data set, the user can arbitrarily switch between these modes as well as blow up the actual display segment. Reconstructed images or ranges can be stored or sent to the film sheet.